Nipuna enjoys many achievements in the rice milling trade in Sri Lanka:
- Nipuna is the first rice miller to install machinery that guaranteed rice 100 percent free of foreign matter including sand, stones, and black seeds.
- The first rice miller to introduce packaged rice in handy consumer packs of five and ten kilograms.
- The first mill in the country to install world famous ‘Satake’ milling machinery.
- Nipuna is the first rice mill in the country to produce electricity via a biomass plant. This two megawatt plant currently meets the entire electricity consumption requirements of the mill.
- The first mill in the country to have a dedicated plant for processing ‘broken rice’ and also a rice flour plant within the mill compound.